Friday, November 27, 2009

Sue said Full, I said Burp

Thanks giving day was hosted by our friends Kent and Carolyn Nelson from Twin Lakes. They have a beautiful home in Sun City Grand. Their patio is very large with some being covered ad some not. Their view is of one of the greens on the golf course. They are just past enough to not get any errant golf balls. Carolyn cooked two turkeys. One Wednesday for left overs and one Thursday for dinner. Here is before and after.








They had a house full. 22 in all as I recall. We all did the usual Thanksgiving stuff. Visited had a drink or two and then dove in to the turkey.


After dinner the clean up crew kicked in to do the dishes. We all rested for a bit and then went for the pie. I think there were about five of them. I got a picture of Kent taking a picture of me. Mary had me take a picture of here and her son with his girl friend. It was a fun day and we thank Kent and Carolyn for their hospitality.





Friday morning found me on the golf course with Kent, his son and Dan Gleason. We played One of the four courses that Sun City Grand has. We played the Granite North. They all did pretty good I was my normal bad self. It was a fun day. the weather was perfect just about 80. The course is beautiful.



Well we finally have it. We have been working on a deal to rent a golf car for a second mode of local transportation. My friend Richards ex wife lives here at Happy Trails and has a golf cart she doesn't use. It took a few repairs to get it going but now it's here. Now this thing is really old. I goes OK but not very fast. I dubbed it "Speedy" It does its job. Takes us to town center and the pools. I have our Noodles on board now.




After we went bobbing yesterday we just sat on the patio and watch the TV while we chatted. That's one of the nice things about being down here. You can spend so much time outside. Charlie likes it outside a lot. He does a good job of staying on the patio without his leash. He gets a bit dirty from the dust. I have to wash off the patio every so often. One thing Charlie has mastered is begging. Hope everyone had a great turkey day.






No comments: