Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Getting ready for Thanks Giving

Today was getting ready for Thanksgiving. It started out with Sue going to the pool for water aerobics. I stayed home and answered the phone. I called all the people with the boats that Boats US want me to look at while I'm home. I think I will be busy. Anyway after water aerobics Sue wanted to get a Taco and a Margarita. So we found Las Mariga or something like that. A Mexican restaurant down Bell road. The service was great as was the atmosphere. Me being me I had a hamburger, which was very good. Sue had the local food and loved it. The Margaritas were good too. We had a choice of Small, Medium or Large. We went for Medium. Was plenty.






After lunch we got to the Thanksgiving part. We are going to Kent and Carolyn Nelsons tomorrow for dinner. That's the gang of 22. Our part is to bring Key Lime Pie. This is because we have a Key Lime tree in our front yard. It belongs to Jeanne next door. Now that she is back in Tacoma for the holiday, I get to pick up the limes every day. It drops about 25 a day. Sue found a great receipt for Key Lime Pie on line from Emerald Lagassi. Its GOOD. I even like it. So two are requested for Thanksgiving. I squeezed the lime this morning with our new lime squisher. Really works good. Key limes are about the size of a golf ball. This thing gets a couple cups of juice in about 10 minutes. Charlie helped with the picture.



While I went bobbing Sue baked the pies in our new portable toaster/convection oven. We can cook everything inside, but ..........well we don't need the heat inside so..............an outside oven. Really works well.


So we have the cook doing cross word and watching the pie cook. Charlie has been a good boy and hangs out on the patio with us. By the time I got back from the bobbers most of the cooking was done.
While I was outside I thought I would put in a picture of my pantry. anybody that knows me, knows I want to have food around. This is my outside storage place. If I were here too long it would get bigger as the prices are so good. Also some of the extra Key Limes we have.
Tomorrow will be a fun day with a bunch of our friends from Twin Lakes. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Just heard we get our golf car tomorrow. Then I can get better pictures for the Happy Trails Bog.





No comments: