Saturday, November 15, 2008

Our goings on

We got some sad news today, Karl and Peggy’s cat Jazz went to kitty cat heaven. Jazz was a cool cat, Casey brought her home from the pro shop many years ago, She was the only cat I have ever heard of that was fixed twice. We will miss her Meow in the morning. Here is a nice sunset for Jazz.



We have been back at Happy Trails for a few days now. Been kind of busy. Tuesday we went to Virginia’s house. She lives next door in Arizona Traditions. Our friend Jan Holt was visiting. I had promised Virginia spaghetti dinner when we saw her before we went to the track. Only problem was when I put what I thought was three pints of sauce in the refrigerator at home. Turned out to be apple sauce. So Tuesday I made spaghetti sauce. We had a good visit and dinner. Jan came over to our place Wednesday morning and we went to breakfast. Would have been fun to play golf with her but she was heading further south. Oops, had the camera on black and white.


On Wednesday we played golf with Carolyn and Kent Nelson from our course at Twin Lakes. They have a really nice home in Sun City. We played the Cimarron course. After words we went to their home and Carolyn cooked a very good dinner. I didn’t get any pictures so I’m in trouble.

We spent Thursday morning just sitting around. It was a day of rest. We then left in the afternoon and went to Phyllis and Herb Britenborn another Twin Lakes couple. In fact the are condo trash just like us. They live just down the drive way. They live at a community called Pebble Creek. Its about 15 miles from here on the way to the race track. Cocktails and another nice dinner. Herb cooked ribs and Charlie did his job. Guarding.




We have been taking Charlie with us where ever we go. Phyllis was a little worried, but by the time we left he had won her heart. He was sitting on Herbs lap getting attention. Herb did some of his magic tricks. I’m not to sure of him though, he keeps losing his deck of cards.
Yesterday we had a lazy morning then went to lunch at the Olive Garden. Sue wanted to go to Macys for their sales. They sure did have a big sale. Most of the ladies who read my blog most likely already know this fact. After strolling around their we went to a place called Total Wine and more. This place is an adult candy store. It was bigger than and average Safeway store and there is nothing in it but booze. They even have wine tasting. Seems that in Arizona they have to charge for wine tasting. So they charge 1 cent. We only had a nickle. I think Washington State must be making Billions off us tax payers. A bottle of Popov Vodka that I pay about 23 bucks for in Washington sells in this store for $8.95. Wine and beer are not that much different. Gosh We can buy wine and beer in most any store, but we have to go to a "Washington State Liquor Store" for the other stuff.

Today we are going back to Pebble Creek to meet Jane and Larry Ness our friends from Issaquah. Don’t know why it is but we never see them when we are home. Mostly it has been in Maui and this year it will be in Arizona. Tomorrow we are going to look around at what you can buy a house for down here. I would not mind making Arizona home and traveling in the summer up north. Sue is not on board to that plan, she wants me to work until I’m 83. Actually she is not fond of the idea of getting too far from family.

All dogs need a job and Charlie is doing his well. After all he is the "Guard Dog" His post is in the window checking things out. Only problem is when we leave he goes to the couch and sleeps. I’ll quit now Sue should be back from the pedicure place soon.


Just a reminder. Highlighted things go to a web sight that tells a little about the subject. Also on my last post there were a couple movies. You can see them by clicking on the arrow on the bottom left.

2 comments:

Steve Cox said...

I feel for Carl and Peggy for the loss of their cat. She was precious. I remember her.

I was in your area a couple of weeks ago. I 'seniored out' and didn't think to look up the Twin Lakers.

Give my best to Phyllis and Herb and to Carolyn and Doc too, if you get the chance.

I could just shoot myself!

Keep the blog going. Love it!

Coxie

Monica said...

Thanks for the update. I was starting to think you had forgotten how :-)

Seahawks lost. I'm in a bad mood. At least it's not raining....however my ankles are telling me a different story.

Looking forward to more updates!