Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everybody. We spent New Years Eve day visiting the scene of the crime. Like Whailea Gold and the Seawatch Restaurant That is where we got Mauied (Married) four, yes four, years ago. We had a nice breakfast. The waitress took this picture before we left.





This is the spot the the crime took place. Still as pretty as ever. It was even raining just like four years ago.




I wish I had the other Bag Drop picture with me. I took Sue's picture right here in her wedding dress, just before we got married. I figured I had better get in the picture this time.


I was a nice start to the day. We took a drive down Makena way, to the end of the road. Was a nice trip with very pretty beaches. Even saw an old Volcano.

However, things then got kind of bad for Maui. We were on our way back to the condo and it started raining and I mean RAINING. The news said later that there was between 3 and 5 inches on Maui. Well this was a bummer what with New Years Eve and all. We stopped at a store and picked up some dinner supplies. I came out of the store to a shower, like the kind you take in a bathtub. When it rains here it rains. When we got back to the condo it looked like this.

Well what do you do on a rainy day in Maui. You sit and read a book or you can sit and watch Oprah.



As all things Maui it does get better. We enjoyed the evening, Sue beat me at Scrabble, Who would have known that with the way I spell on the blog. (Remember, those are Joe'isms, created for humor) There were a lot of clouds so a sunset didn't seem in the cards. But you never know.





Today we are going to golf for the first time here. Will report on that later. Oh, buy the way, I did make it to Midnight, with a short nap from about 10:15 to 11:45. Lots of fire works all up and down the beach. So for now Aloha from Maui on the first say of a new year.

No comments: