Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Napa Valley

I have been trying to figure out how to get the pictures to get bigger. My friend Steve has his pictures so that if you click on them the get much bigger. This would be really cool with some shots. I think I finally figured it out. It has been my mistake. High resolution like the picture below will blow up big. I have had the camera set on a lower setting, mostly because I haven't had all that good Internet connections. When using the phone I can not use a big shot. Try clicking on the motor home below. Should be big.






I made the change at the Mumm Napa winery, our favorite champagne place. I think some of these will work.





Today was rest and wine taste day. We had a really good breakfast in town. Then went to Cakebread for Sue's wine. Cakebreas is her favorite.







Stopped by Robert Mondavi to shop and then went to Mumm. They have a art gallery there from the Ansel Adams collection. Here a couple of the pictures. The sign on the wall said they were $6000.00 each. Yes six thousand. I wounder how they will blow up. Try....




We are back at the fairgrounds listening to Riders In the Sky, the guys from Laughlin. No TV here. We are however going to watch last nights Boston Legal on the computer. They put the shows up the next day. It will just be a small screen






The Napa valley is really something else. there are grape vines every where. The valley is full. I do have to admit that there are also a lot of vines south of here in the Lodi area. I guess that's why we have so much wine. Here are a few pictures of grape vines. Some might enlarge some might not. After two years I'm still learning



Ran into this off road vehicle on the way back to Calistoga. A local water company that has been in business in a wine valley making water since 1924





And as usual the guard dog did his job.




1 comment:

Monica said...

Hey guys! Great pictures, however the click-to-make-it-bigger didn't work with my computer. I would click and it just stayed the same. It's probably my computer...

It's a balmy 39 degrees outside right now, and SUNNY! Hopefully you are forwarding some sunshine to us, to help ease yourself back into our wonderful PNW weather!!

See you soon!