Thursday, January 21, 2010

A rainy day in Arizona


"QUACK"


The last time I put a picture like this on my blog was about two years ago when we were in southern Oregon. It said, like this one "Monster Storm coming" That was the time when we got stuck in Cannon Beach for four days because of the Hurricane that hit. It blocked I-5 for a few days. Now we are waiting to see what comes with the big storm here. It started raining last night and hasn't stooped since. We are comfortable in our rig, but we won't be doing much for the next couple days. This must be payback for a couple weeks ago when we were the only place in the United States not freezing.
Yesterday we played golf. It was between storms. A really nice day. The first two of the three storms had already gone thru. On the golf course there are what aree normally a dry gully areas on the sides of the fairway. Yester day they were lakes. This left the course with a whole more water hazards. We played with Linda Abbott and here friend Kay. Kay was a kick. We all had a good time. After golf we came back here for a drink or two. John came over to pick them up.





As these thing go dinner came up for discussion. They chose Chinese. For those who know me, I'm sure you all know how excited I was. The place we went to was sort of a cross between a restaurant and a Safeway deli. You could sit and eat or take it out. Me knowing nothing of Chinese food told Sue to order. I got a chopped salad. It was good. The pot stickers were a bit overdone. I sampled some of the other folks stuff. We all had a good time. Kay's husband was also there. After dinner we came back and waited for the rain to start.


This morning we woke up to the rain. So as I said before it will be a slow rainy day at home. I'm just watching the TV and they keep running stuff across the bottom. "Flash Flood Warning" and the a list of what amounts to most of Arizona. At least I don't have to water the Orange tree. So Quack Quack for now. Say goodnight Donald.





No comments: