Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day of Golf and a good dinner

Yesterday was a fun day. We got up and went to JB's restaurant at Sun City Grand. Ernie and Denise showed us this place last week. Good breakfast buffet. Then we meant Kent and Carolyn Nelson (From Twin Lakes) at the Cimarron Golf Club. Our golf was fun. Cimarron is a good course.

This one is for the family back home. Some have said they want more pictures

Below is a very pretty par 3. We all played like pros. Four shots all on the green and all pars. Sue got the KP. The marshal had us wait for the group behind us to hit. We felt like we really impressed them.


Afterwards we went to their house. They have a neat home right on the 17th green. They get to watch everybody go by.



Carolyn cooked and Kent and I sipped a drink.



I had a bit of a sore back during the day so when we got home Sue and I hit the hot tub that is here in the Ranch at Happy Trails. Good tub, nice and hot and clean. They do a very good job of keeping Happy Trails facilities clean. Every thing about this place is 1st class. We are going golfing again today. We will be playing at the Happy Trails golf course Great Eagle. We played here a couple times last year. Goes all around the Happy Trails. We will be playing with a friend, Virginia Hessler, from home who lives down here most of the year. More on this round tomorrow.



Is that a beached Whale on the right. As this is a timer photo. I didn't have tome to get under water. You can probably see the wake in the water from my fast return.



2 comments:

kundog said...

Looks like alot of fun. Maybe one of these days we can all go to the races with you. I know I'd like to get my ass out on a few of those golf courses.

Say hi to Bonnie and Ray. Tell Ray he can't duck me on the golf course forever!

Love Jeff

Monica said...

haha Joe you are funny... Love the wake story, however you could have embellished that a bit and said those were theraputic waves :-)

I followed the link to your friends blog and found a recipe for a bean soup that I'm trying out tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Loving following your trip....