Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Catching Up.

Lets see, last I left you were were in Las Vegas. After Donnas birthday. Saturday morning we got up and just sort of relaxed and hung out until noon or so. We then went back to the Rio Hotel, the scene of the night before, for lunch and to cash in the tickets from our gambling. While were there we had lunch at Mc Faddens. We spit a club sandwich. It was very good. Splitting orders is good down here because the size of the orders are so large.


After lunch we went back to Caesars Palace to meet Sharon and Mary. We had a drink in the bar while I went and put a couple bets on the NASCAR weekend at Datona. The 500 and the Bud Shoot as well as a season bet. Sue always picks Kasey Khane, so I hope he does well. I picked others. That done we went to the slots. Sue, Sharon and Mary were moving around. I just sort of sat at a Texas Tee machine. I loved it. 9 lines at a penny a shot. I sat there for a couple hours and had a couple free drinks only lost 8 bucks. .



For dinner we went to Trevi restaurant in the Forum. We have been there before as , you know me it was and Italian restaurant. The food is very good. The Forum is a huge building which has a painted celling to make it look like you are in the outdoors. The place even gets dark as you move into the evening. Thank you Sharon for the dinner.
We came back to the motor home and got ready for the trip back to Happy Trails in the morning. It is about 260 miles with a hour time change between Pacific and Mountain. We got back to Happy Trails about 3;00 PM. That gave us time to settle in before we went to Kent and Caroline Nelsons for dinner. There were a bunch of Lakers (My new name for the Twin Lake bunch) celebrating the arrival was Janet Olson. Dinner was great again. Thanks Kent and Carolin you guys are such good Hosts.



Monday was catchup day. Sue did the laundry while I ran some errands. I got to go bobbing with the folks at the pool. Later in the day we went for a drink at the Gleasons with Mary and the moved on the John and Linda Wards place for Chili. Another Laker gathering. they had been golfing that day. This you will see leads to the nest portion of this blog. Thanks Johns and Linda for the company and dinner. Opps I forgot the camera. That's probably good as this post is getting longer all the time. :))

Tuesday was golf day with Janet. OK - At this point I need to explain. It seems that when John, Linda and Janet were golfing a day or two ago. I don't have all the details, but somehow they picked up a guy named Robert Marcus in their round. I guess they had a good time so Janet invited him to be her $10 dollar rent a date for golf with us today. We all met up this morning and went to Estrella Mountain Muni in Goodyear. This is a place we have played and passed a lot, because it is really close to one of our favorite places PIR (Remember the race track). So, we played golf. It was a really fun round of golf. Robert turned out to be a really nice guy from Chicago. He comes to town abut once a month to visit his parents who live in Sun City Grand.


After the golf we went to our favorite local bar. Remember Romas Oasis our favorite distinguished bar. That's why we chose the golf course because it close to Romans. We had a great time. We could not eat so we just had a drink and visited. Another of the reasons we went there was because of the shuffle board table There was a couple playing so Robert challenged the board against Vickie and Gary. They are from the area and turned out to be a lot of fun. They beat Robert and Janet. sue and I made a good stand but lost as well. We traded numbers with Vicki so we hope to get together with them again. (I got an e-mail today)



As I have noted before Romans is a unique place. Vicki took us back into the kitchen where, believe it or not there is a tree growing thru the floor and out the roof. There is also a telephone pole in the corner between the bar and the kitchen. That's the tree right behind me. Also while were were there Elvis came in so I got a picture of the girls and Elvis. I still don't know why Herb B. doesn't come here. I told Elvis he was a fan.



Now a bit about Robert. Seems he owns a bar in Chicago. It is called The Beer Bistro. Click on that link for a view of his place. He said that they are in the neighbor hood of the Ophra Wimphry studios. A lot of the production staff come in for lunch. He moved to Chicago after living in Los Angles for some time. He was really a fun person. As I mentioned he says he comes here about once a month to visit his family. We gave him our number and hope we hear from him his next time in town. We had a drink home to visit Charlie and then went to dinner at the Rio Mirage Mexicans restaurant. Sue and I have been to the one close to us, but Robert suggested the original one a little further away. Boy did they have a big Margarita. Look at that glass by my hand.


After all this everybody went their way, except when we got home Sue said opps. My Cell Phone. It was still at the restaurant. I chased that down and now we are settling in for sleep. Its been a long day. Even Charlie was tired. He had to get a little nose.


Sorry its been so long getting this on line. And sorry about the length. We are currently in Indio, California to visit Elaine Bailey and be here for Kens Memorial on Sunday. We are spending a week. I'll put some stuff about this place later.

No comments: