Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Settling In

We are getting settled in after the holiday season. Yesterday we went to Goodyear and took care of the repair bill for the roof. Looks like they did a very good job. It was nice they picked the motor home up and brought it back. I just had to do the normal set up. As they are in Goodyear we got to have lunch at Roman's Oasis again. I got my order right this time and had a patty meld. It was really good as were the french fries. I have been telling Herb Brightenborn that he should go there for lunch with us. He said he had been there and its a dive. He is really right, but Sue and I like these places. We are planning on bringing Janet Olson there when she is down here. They have shuffle board. I'm surprised at Herb though as Elvis is in the corner.


We got back in the middle of the afternoon. I got here in time to go bobbing. Bummer the pool is under repair and there were no bobbers. So it was home and cocktail hour. We went for a bit of a walk with Charlie about the time the sun went down. It was a nice sunset.



After our walk we came back and had dinner. Sue cooked hamburger steak with vegis. Good.....It's simpler down here. We just sort of hang out and have a good time. Here be the cookie...



Like I said we just kind of hang out. Today after our 1 mile dog walk we went to lunch at the Great Eagle Golf course restaurant. It just reopened. We were glad to have them reopen as last year we ate there a lot. They had good food at a good price. Sue had a really good hamburger and I soup and a grilled cheese. Two beers $15.50. On the way back we stooped at the town center in the lending library for some new books. We picked up a puzzle as well. Now the kitchen table is full of little pieces of cardboard. Unfortunately Charlie found one piece on the floor, so now there will be one piece short.


And there is also the computer and Solitaire.


Tomorrow, New years will be another day. It is also our anniversary. As I type this I just realized that I have goofed up. I didn't get a card for Mrs Stevens. I will have to try and sneak out in the morning. She will never know, except she usually edits my posts, so I'll tell her not to read this part. Maybe I can use the excuse that we aren't celebrating our anniversary until later. I can't talk about that either. I'm in trouble what ever I do. Anyway we will be spending New Years with the southern Twin Lakes bunch. Nelsons are host. We will see Gleasons, Machados, Wards and Us. Happy New Year every body.

No comments: